Dec 26

Reference
Check out a 271 year old Dutch color sample book:
Article
Actual Book
Thank you, Pam, my most prolific contibutor







Exhibit
Anders Zorn at the Legion of Honor
Sweden's Master Painter
November 9, 2013 – February 2, 2014


Vocabulary Lesson Appended
If you have incorporated "heather" into your vocabulary, you may want to expand your usage.
root word = heather, verb, heath·er \ˈhe-thər\ : an act of re-purposing a watercolor substrate by washing away all but a ghost of the hard work your put into it.
"I heathered an old painting that was just soooooooooooooooo awful and then painted this lovely thing on top of it."
addendum = half-heather, verb, \ haf-heath·er \ hahf-he-thər \ :  a partial act of heathering, usually accompanied by a sound of either distress or pleasure, made by the artist.
"I started to heather a painting that had gone terribly wrong, and realized that some of it was salvageable, so I yanked it out of the water and desperately attempted to stop the removal of all that paint."
addendum redux = heather-resistant, adj, \ heath·er-re·sis·tant \ he-thər-re·sis·tənt  \ :  an attempt at heathering that is stymied by the materials at hand or the watercolor gremlins.
"I tried to eradicate the muddy mess I had created by turning the high-pressure hose on it, but, alas, it was heather-resistant to my intention."