Dec 30

Plants Illustrated
HI all,
   For the second year I’m fortunate enough to have a painting in the annual themed show at the Berkeley Botanical Gardens in January.  It was a lovely show last year, and it’s nice to have an excuse to visit the wonderful gardens, which I otherwise never make the time for.
   It would be wonderful if you are able to visit the exhibit some time next month!
   I’ll be at the opening reception will be on Saturday, January 13th from 4-6 pm, and I’ll be gallery sitting on Tuesday, January 16th from 10am-1pm.
   Happy Holidays!
   Andrea P (a new member of our Arboretum Garden Room Group)
Plants Illustrated

How to Paint a Lively Dog in Watercolour  
   The most important thing before embarking on a dog portrait is to get a sense of the dog’s personality. Usually I like to meet the dog in person but if this is not possible I make sure to see a range of photographs or videos before I begin.
   Dogs tend to be impatient muses so it’s preferable to work from high quality and well-composed photographs.
How to Paint a Lively Dog in Watercolour by Georgie Mason

Art Tutor Blog