Calligraphy with the Special Collections Librarian

A Letter to Jo:

Hi Jo,
I enjoyed meeting your fellow water color painters and I hope they were inspired by the original works of lettering artists from the Harrison Collection today. What a fun group of women! Here is a list of the calligraphers I brought out today. Please encourage them to visit us again. No appointment necessary.
 
 
Marie Angel (botanicals, La Fontaine, exotic birds, My Cat Has Eyes of Sapphire Blue, published books)
Brenda Walton (framed piece)
Georgia Deaver (framed pieces, Gertrude Stein’s “A rose is a rose is a rose,” greeting cards)
Donald Jackson (framed angel piece)
John Prestianni (framed Orpheus piece)
Heather Child (manuscript book)
Pamela Stokes (Wildflowers manuscript book)
Thomas Ingmire (Rimbaud’s Alchemie de Verbe manuscript book)
 
 
I think that pretty much covers what I showed the group.
All best,
Andrea V. Grimes